Barth Innovations Ltd. is a centre for innovation, meeting the R&D needs of the European member companies of the BARTH-HAAS GROUP, namely, Joh. Barth & Sohn in Nuremberg, Germany and BARTH-HAAS UK Ltd. in Paddock Wood, UK. The company employs scientists with core skills in chemistry, biochemistry and brewing science at its laboratory facility situated in Paddock Wood.
The objectives of Barth Innovations Ltd.:
- To develop innovative, hop-based products, primarily for the global brewing industry
- To improve manufacturing processes within the Group’s companies
- To extend application-related and technical support for the use of our products
- To develop an R&D program relevant to the future needs of the BARTH-HAAS GROUP
- To intensify cooperation with universities and other institutions
The concept underpinning Barth Innovations Ltd is to outsource the R&D functions from group member companies and place these resources, together with further investments, in a single unit. Overall, this benefits the group because our scientists are thus able to focus on their primary task of innovation. In other words, the innovators have been given the freedom to innovate in the development of new products for the benefit of brewers.